Making your mission ours.
We place a strong emphasis on teamwork, which enables us to leverage the breadth and depth of knowledge of all our attorneys, paralegals, and staff.
Scott L. Ginsburg
Scott is chair of the firm’s Real Estate and Finance Practice Group with a focus on matters related to public finance and property taxation. Scott’s experience includes counseling clients and litigating cases in the areas of local government finance, real estate taxation, tax rate objections, tax exemptions, sale and use tax, energy, TIF and property tax abatements. As a registered lobbyist and longtime member of the State and Local Taxation (“SALT”) Section Council of the Illinois Bar Association, Scott monitors and drafts legislation involving matters of public finance, and he has testified on behalf of Illinois units of local government in matters before the Illinois General Assembly. Scott has tried multiple cases before the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board and the Illinois Department of Revenue, and his litigation experience includes defense of actions before courts of all levels. Scott also practices in the area of commercial transactions and local government, including contract drafting and review, litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He has experience in representing general contractors, local governments, and business owners in all aspects of civil litigation.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Scott concentrated his practice on litigation, in the areas of commercial disputes, construction defects and labor and employment issues. Scott is also a former judicial extern to the Honorable Michael J. Reagan, United States District Judge, Southern District of Illinois.
- J.D., Washington University School of Law
- B.A., DePauw University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association, State and Local Taxation Section Council, Member
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- Chicago Bar Association
- Rogers Park Montessori School, Board of Directors
- Author, “PTAB Clarifies Uniformity Standards for Income Properties,” Illinois State Bar Association’s Tax Trends
- Author, “Chicago Bears Football Club v. The Cook County Department of Revenue,” Illinois State Bar Association’s Tax Trends
- Contributing author, “Illinois Supreme Court Clarifies Standard Review for Zoning Decisions,” Illinois Municipal Review
- Comments on PTELL Legislation, ED-RED’s Member Meeting (April 2022)
- Challenges to Property Tax Assessments and Protecting School District Revenues, IASB Webinar (February 2021)